Engage in advocacy, networking, training and mentorship to enhance the skills and knowledge of employment professionals whose efforts focus on the career development of persons with disabilities.
Opportunities to connect with other vocational rehabilitation professionals in the field.
JPD provides several professional development trainings throughout the year. Members received discounts and advance notice about these trainings.
Getting involved with MRA JPD is an excellent way to learn more about the Job Placement field, learn and develop best practices, and develop your own skills within your field. There are opportunities to serve at leadership levels within the organization!
There’s always something brewing! Check back often!
BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT & BEYOND
An interactive virtual training for work coordinators
All sessions will be offered via Zoom
March 9-10, 2021
8:30AM – 12PM
What you will learn:
- Best Practices for establishing strong relationships with businesses
- The importance of understanding the labor market, including the hidden job market
- Building relationships with businesses, incorporating a variety of tools and approaches
- How to determine the right employer-job seeker match, including follow-up strategies to ensure a good job match
- Different hiring incentives for businesses
- The importance of trust in partnering with businesses
- How to deal with challenging situations with job seekers / employers
Come prepared to engage in this interactive learning opportunity.
We will have activities and breakout rooms throughout the training.
Who should attend:
Work coordinators who provide job placement services to persons with disabilities
$100 Registration Fee is being sponsored by MN Vocational Rehabilitation Services for school staff
Register HERE for March 9-10
To inquire about any other accommodations, please contact
JPD Board Meeting Dates via Zoom:
February 18th 2021 9AM
April 15 2021 9AM
June 17 2021 9AM
August 19 2021 9AM
October 21 2021 9AM
December 16 2021 9AM
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom link.